Quote Originally Posted by JPQuinn View Post
Thanks for the praise, Bogie Normally, I do my maps in 150 to 300. But, the low resolution almost gives the map a colored pencil quality. Though you're right, I wouldn't use this for a VTT or battlemap, but perhaps as a full length map in a PDF. I might do a higher res 1" = 5' type battlemap in the future.

On to Step 3: Elevations. Here I added stairs and a number of elevations. Though, I'm having issues with the shading coming out too dark. If anyone has any tips or tricks here, please let me know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dungeon-Map-1---4e-Redux-Step3.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	4.19 MB 
ID:	67937
Very nice work on this so far!

About shadows... ditto what madcowchef said. And I always put my dropshadows on their own separate layers, that way you can lower the opacity if you want them lighter, or duplicate the layer if you want them darker. Also, that way, it doesn't affect other elements of your map. Eg: If you applied the dropshadow directly to the layer that your walls are on, you wouldn't be able to lower the shadow opacity without lowering it on the walls as well. And if you make a mistake, have to delete or redo them, you don't have to worry about starting all over again with your walls, if you, say, forgot to make a copy of the original walls. Been there, done that many times... finally learned: dropshadows ALWAYS go on their own separate layers! LOL!