Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Creation and Depiction of Fantasy Cities - Parts I & II

Ah, I think I changed all the folders to private which was what caused it. Could you try now please?

Ta

Ravs

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I just tried downloading, it'll show me the file, but I get file not found when I attempt the actual download (that was.. 2 mins ago?)

[edit]
    Correction, I have it now. I clicked the link for the file, it took me to a "if it does not download immediately, click here" and them immediately reloaded to "The page cannot be found. The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. "

I tried several times, same thing each time.

then I thought like a smart monkey and hit the back button, and the page stayed on the download page itself, and then offered me the file.

Peculiar.

But ultimately, got me what I wanted
    Last edited by Coyotemax; 08-22-2009 at 06:34 AM.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

How weird. I think there may be something strange going on with the site. When I tried it worked first time. I'll try again.

Thanks a million for testing it Coyote

Cheers

Ravs

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

It's always possible the issue is on my end as well, we'll find out when other people test it I suppose

I just finished reading this too, it's great info. Very relevant to the Cruzamento map, and it appears I was in the process of re-inventing the wheel yet again - I'd already taken into account a fair amount of what you had in this guide. That having been said, I'm definitely going to incorporate some of your processes if/when i do another city (unless I keep expanding Cruzamento, heh.. another 2 or 3 revisions, it'll be a full out city.. 5 and it'll be a capitol!!)

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

FYI, I just downloaded this from the link in the first post, and it worked swimmingly.

Post Downloaded Fine

Ditto Gidde's post - just downloaded it from the first link without any issues. Great document, extremely useful and informative!

Bump because this is simply an awesome directional marker placed on the map showing the way towards shining greatness (in mapmaking )
    Yesterday today was tomorrow.
    My deviantart: http://darkaiz.deviantart.com/

Just an update that this file is now being hosted here at the Guild rather than MediaFire.

Hopefully this will alleviate some of the issues, as it is a great resource everyone should have!

Thanks again, Ravs!

-Rob A>

Guild Novice

I downloaded it with no problem and saved it. I need to read it!! It looks awesome so far! I have soooo many cities! Arg!

Thanks Chehime, I'm in the process of writing the next update to it, but unfortunately I've lost all the root files which were on my old computer, so I'm having to reconstruct it from the .pdf which is taking some time since I'm reformatting it completely.

Cheers

Ravs

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast