Thread: (WIP) My first map

Wip (WIP) My first map

This is my current project. Hand drawn, because I want to get the idea how it would look like. I hope you guys understand.
    I edited it a little with paint.net program so not that messy. Critique would be nice. I'm not good with drawing things. I've been drawing few maps in my life time though. Sometimes shapes are difficult to plan out.

Here is my map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapv1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	411.9 KB 
ID:	68371  

Leaving out the butterfly shape of the main landmass (I don’t like it but it’s a matter of taste), there is what looks like a river, and it ends in a forest (and not in the sea as it should), and about the mountains, at least the mountain range on the island marked with number “5” is quite unnatural.
    Also, as you can say that “7” is water and around “7” you have mountains (to the north) and trees (to the south), you can’t guess what “6” is.
    Don’t worry about not being able to draw things; eventually you will improve. Now you just have to make little steps on giving your features a bit more neatness (there are plenty of tutorials and examples here on the guild); then I would care to check the plausibility of your landmasses features, depending on how much freedom you are allowed by your fantasy world geographic rules.

Yes, I'm aware of the butterfly shape, wasn't intended. I try to make better shapes in the future. The line from the mountains is supposed to be a path. Numbers presents major settlements. "6" is forest area that is occupied. "5" is separate land that suppose to float, but guess I'm going to change it soon. Next time I try to make them buildings instead of numbers.
    Thank you for feedback, I appreciate it.

Map New map

So I did something thinking and was between one big land or split the land in two. This is the result with CC3. I hope this is better than the first version. I hope to get more comments. It's not final though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map12.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	68472