Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Galactic Sectors's Maps

Thanks Stephen. And you're reminding me that I have to finish this one.

We all start as rookies. You just have to practice, take inspirations here and there, and try some tutorials.

A little break from my tablet... I returned to this (because it's rotting somewhere in my PC, and above all, I've to prepare the following scenarii for the campaign ) and decided I would have a better need for a big galactic view than anything else, right now...
    So, this is a new attempt with a lot more to do. It's just a eighth of the future map...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Galaxy GV.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	87749

Hmmm... I guess I have to find better solutions for labels... It's more hard to spot things than I thought.
    I did a bit more to give a more general view, but labels are mainly on the center up part.

Name:	Galaxy GV.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	4.07 MB 
ID:	87771

Maybe this is better?

Name:	Galaxy GVv2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	4.07 MB 
ID:	87781

Grrr... I'm struggling with this. I've too much to put on it, maybe...

Anyway, It was too dark to my taste... but the original version was too bright between the galactic arms... so I ended with a mix that I find better. Hope you'll agree with me.

I'm here now, and I'm still trying to make the rest more easy to read AND not hiding the galaxy underneath...

Name:	Galaxy View.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	6.50 MB 
ID:	87819

I don't know I find the red ones very difficult to read. Also we lost the sector names? I'd say sacrifice some of the galaxy for better information clarity if you have to. I mean it's pretty and all, but thats not really why people pick up a map, just my two cents.

Sometimes, 2 cents are making the difference !
    A big thank for your comment Falconius ! I felt I needed some guidance, that something was quite wrong. I'm reworking it for the sake of clarity and it's much better already (at least, to me ). I will reinforce sectors/arms (it's basically the same thing) and put the names later, after the rest is done.

A view of the part I'm reworking...

Name:	Galaxy V2.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	87827

And this part is now almost done, except for some additional details and sectors...

Name:	Galaxy V2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.56 MB 
ID:	87835

Is there something I should made more obvious and clear?

I haven't got any critic, I'm just amazed by the amount of work all your maps represent !

Ahah, thanks Thomrey! For this particular setting (& maps), the data have been solved for quite a long time now. So, here, the main thing for me is to do a "summary map" which prevent me to constantly look on my computer for the right view or sector to answer a question or don't do mistakes during a scenario!

So a bit much. Still not sure about the legibility of the infos, especially in the more 'bright" sectors. I think I'll be more decided with more of the galactic core done.
    The vast empty spaces around the maps will allow me to put all the additionnal data required (or so I hope).

Name:	Galaxy View.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	6.62 MB 
ID:	87853
    Any comment/critic still much very welcome!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast