Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Galactic Sectors's Maps

It is pretty. I assume that information is yet to come that will fill in all that unused space. I do have one question: Should "Carinean Ark" actually be "Carinean Arc"? "Ark" is basically derived from Latin for "box" and is used in a Biblical context for a protective container, but pretty much never outside of Biblical context, while "arc" is a section of a circle, or a curve more generally, which would fit the shape of the labelled region.

By Rdanhenry
    It is pretty. I assume that information is yet to come that will fill in all that unused space. I do have one question: Should "Carinean Ark" actually be "Carinean Arc"? "Ark" is basically derived from Latin for "box" and is used in a Biblical context for a protective container, but pretty much never outside of Biblical context, while "arc" is a section of a circle, or a curve more generally, which would fit the shape of the labelled region.
    Thanks! I'm well aware of this distinction. In my setting, the Carinean Ark is inhabited by a militaristic theocracy who believe to be the holy shield of the gods's creatures against their ennemies... Hence the name.

I've been very busy lately...
    I forgot to post this update. I really have to add at least a layer to make the star names legible in the galactic core. There are still a lot of things missing on this half map of the galaxy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Galaxy View.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	6.68 MB 
ID:	88229

Definitely much more readable all round, except, as you mentioned, near the core, but it's still legible. It looks great I think.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

This is looking very nice indeed Ilanthar! Love seeing its progress.

Definitely agree about a bit more legibility needed for near the centre, but still looking great!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default map

I am loving this site

just noticed that amazing wip you have here, an outsanding work and a very large and ambitious map, a real pleasure to watch and a good source of inspiration dude, hope you'll finish this beauty

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Seeing the work you've put into it over the years, the progress you've made...it gives me hope I'll create something this awesome.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345