Thread: Mapping a Border-Castle [WIP]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Here we go again... =)

On the picture itself I just added a little herb garden.

We are now using gray. I usually do lining with 100% non-pressure sensitive 4px round brush (with width connected to pen pressure) black, but when using gray I switched to 15px and also lay pressure sensitivity to pen pressure - also I changed to color to 50% neutral gray (color-code #777777). Then I just used a fictive light from top left and painted the shadow loosely in there. As in most cases I usually create then two extra layers with flattened layers of everything (CRTL + SHIFT + ALT + E). One of them is set to multiply with 20% opacity and the other one with 20% opacity on overlay (but on this layer I used Filters > High Pass [with 2,4px]).

Best wishes and stay creative. The next step will be the last one I guess. =)
    Steffen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grenzfeste_WIP9.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	69646

EDIT: Argh! fabio p, you Ninja'd me while I was posting =) Thank you so much! I hand drew this layer digitally on a virtual sheet. The lining of the stuff is hand drawn digitally also, the outlines of the walls are generated (as I mentioned in picture 3 if I remember correctly) with the transition from black forms to lining. =)
    Last edited by SteffenBrand; 12-12-2014 at 09:35 AM.
    Visit me on ArtStation.