Thread: Searching a particular section of the forum

Banned User

Default Searching a particular section of the forum

Is there any way to use Search (or Advanced Search) and search only a single section of this forum?

For example, can I search for "chair" in ONLY the Mapping Elements section? I haven't been able to figure out how to do that, if it's possible.

Banned User

Thanks Azelor, you'd think I could have sorted that out. I appreciate the pointer!

Guild Applicant

I'm glad I saw this. Thanks for asking, chick; and for the reply, Azelor. No doubt being new here, I will be using it.

Banned User

OK, NOW I see why I was having trouble. When I went back again to try this, I didn't have those forum selection pulldowns. They just weren't there under Additional Options, and that explains why I never saw them (and here I thought it was just me being ditzy).

To find them, you have to click the "Search Single Content Type" tab, and my Advanced Search always comes up with the "Search Multiple Content Type" tab selected. I have no idea what the difference between those is supposed to be for, but for those like me who never saw the forum pulldown choices ... that's the secret.