Thread: J's Inkman Experiment thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

THW - Yep, I see what you mean on the ridge [Paloket]. That was my first one and I didn't notice that. I will definitely keep that in mind.
    As an experiment, it was helpful and instructive. It does take more thought to get a more natural, believable mountain ridge line. When I look at it now [Tol'Imen] the mountains seem overly large. The sketches were quick. Maybe 10 minutes on Tol'imen. Perhaps 20 mintues on Paloket. That is definitely a problem with using the pencil sketch for the painting - you can't really change it once you commit to painting it. I'll have to think about that a bit more.

I didn't even think about the plateau. That was a bit of an after thought. The land needed features and I didn't have any planned. I'm glad you liked that. See, that's part of what's so helpful about getting feedback. Thanks THW.

edit - Ya know, as painful as it might be to redo the whole piece, I might redraw the ridgelines on Paloket. Then I'll have to repaint that but it might be worth it.
    Last edited by J.Edward; 02-22-2015 at 10:56 PM.