Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
Not that I see this as a problem but is this a map or an illustration? A map with an unusual perspective ?
Yes. What I am going to do is to finish up the two trees and then get two other pieces of paper out. Via Photoshop I'll make the area between the two trees transparent and then put the actual map behind the trees so it looks like you are looking through the trees at the map. The map is going to be two different images. The first one is a face-on image of the mountain range and you will be seeing the two main mountains surrounded by forest. An old wheel rut will show the way in to the forest that wagons took. The second map I'm hoping will come out (because I either get it right or horribly wrong) as an orthogonal map showing the mountain range, forest, and lead-in to the desert beyond the mountains. The two maps will play a part in my game. The first one is what you see normally. If the players figure out how to activate the painting then the second image (the real map) shows up. The real map shows where possibly dangerous areas are located.