Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carremvek

Default Carremvek

I've been meaning to make a start on this for ages but have felt awfully uninspired lately and so I've been wasting time playing games instead. Today I decided to make a proper start.

For this town I'm only using my usual style to do the building outlines. For everything else I intend to hand draw and colour it. No other layer style trickery. Except I'll still probably throw my favourite texture on top of the whole thing at 10% overlay. Because it makes life better. =P

LORE STUFF:

Carremvek is a settlement about 20 miles away from the City of Argot - a city which fell to ruin about ten years ago under mysterious circumstances. The City of Argot and the outlying regions are famed for their fine wines - it was their chief export. Carremvek was a small village that grew vines for much cheaper wine intended for general consumption. It doesn't even sit on any major road - the road it sits on only having become important since the main way into Argot was brought to ruin along with the city.

Since the fall of the City, Carremvek has become something of a "base camp" for treasure hunters, scholars, and basically just looters traveling to argot to pick the city and the outlying region clean. Vines and old argot wines are the most prized targets rather than things like gold and the like. The village has grown a lot to both service and combat these vultures. A gaol has been constructed by the now much diminished Duke of Argot to hold such people but the problem is they need to have looted something first and many who go to argot do not come back - or if they do, they take another road.

Carremvek is home to the gaol (which I posted previously) and the House of Rotten Grapes (which I also posted). Caplynn Castle (another one I posted!) can also be found some distance away.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carramvektown_WiP1.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	71494  
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Nice start Larb. Glad you added the story.
    Will you be doing a larger regional map to show where all this is relative to each other?

I have a map of the Kingdom that I started but it is unfinished. I do intend to do a more local regional map too.

So basically yes - I want to map out the region in quite a bit of detail. But not just that, I've been doing sketches of non-map stuff - for example the Duchy soldiers and Kingsguard sent to the city. And other odds and ends like artifacts and things. I've got an overall plan I just hope I can stick to it!

Yay, another Larb town map! Great story, too: it sounds like a town of derring-do and dastardly deeds.

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Good start already. Glad to see I'm not the one to maps in the same setting .

I have made a bit more progress on this but I still have a lot more linework to do.

Views:	95 
Size:	240.7 KB 
ID:	71549  

Looking great! I love the new surge of city maps lately!

Had to take a break to do something for a friend but now I'm working on this again. I'm about to start putting in all the colour next.

Views:	74 
Size:	379.4 KB 
ID:	71728  

It's so I don't forget. I've started to colour the buildings first rather than the land. Also put in some basic shadows.

Views:	106 
Size:	394.8 KB 
ID:	71741  

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast