Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Posting two posts in succession

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Alright so case closed indeed.

I have merged posts, moved threads and done many other things in my time here as a CL as well. Our job is to do the best we can to maintain the site, keep things organized, moving forward and deal with any issues or questions that arise. There are several of us currently active to varying degree and we are scattered all over the world. None of us are paid to do this, it is a labor of love.

The volume of posts and awesomeness that goes thru these digital doors means we are going to miss some things. Just because someone got away with something once doesn't mean we won't catch it next time. Multi postings that include wip images are fine and expected but if it's just text or conversation within a brief period of time it's not a big deal to merge the posts and makes sense to do so. Often I don't have the time to bother but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be done.

We do not have special case rules for an individual and as far as I'm concerned we are not about to begin now. That said, if you really need a post kept apart for some reason just mention it and we can try to comply. You can always make another thread as well if you have unrelated subjects going on.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I would just like to say that I do not believe the public forums are the place to air grievances about the actions of CLs. This is just divisive and breeds discontentment. If there is an issue (whether an ongoing problem or a one-time serious violation), and one doe not feel comfortable talking about it privately with the CL directly involved, then mediation with other CLs ought to be in order.

We really are blessed here at the Guild with one of the most friendly and inviting forums on the web. It would be a shame to see that change.

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    I would just like to say that I do not believe the public forums are the place to air grievances about the actions of CLs. This is just divisive and breeds discontentment. If there is an issue (whether an ongoing problem or a one-time serious violation), and one doe not feel comfortable talking about it privately with the CL directly involved, then mediation with other CLs ought to be in order.
    I second the motion gladly. As Community Leader Jaxilon wrote:

Our job is to do the best we can to maintain the site, keep things organized, moving forward and deal with any issues or questions that arise.
    I would add that I do have a small amount of concern that griping from some prima donna might pressure some CL to go more light-handedly with him or her, which would be unfair to other list members. So I hope you all will continue to merge posts when that's what's in order regardless of the weeping, moaning and gnashing of teeth. The guild has lived long and well with this practice.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12