Quote Originally Posted by Coreyartus View Post
Ian, it looks like your project is starting out on the right foot!

One quick question--what is the quality of the paper you have selected to make the prints? I would imagine that an archival paper might be relatively expensive, but it looks like the paper you've selected is still relatively sturdy. You're choice to reproduce the images with a larger "parchment" effect framing them is quite beautiful and adds a sense of legitimacy, depth, and age to the cartography that is very complimentary to the map itself. Lovely! I hope your patrons will find your collection fascinating and inspiring!
Very kind words, thank you!

As for the paper quality, I would have liked to produce them on finer stuff but 180gsm Matt non-laminated paper was the most cost effective solution.

The parchment effect was made by me. I used to do a lot of texture work for video game modifications, so I've a lot of experience in that area. I may actually trim them all off as I originally made them simply as a way of ensuring that the maps themselves would not be encroached upon during the cutter and bleed process. Obviously these boarders are not part of the original works (which are not produced in your typical A3, A2 or A1 sizes) so I may trim them off to give a better representation of the original maps. If people like them however and don't mind them as a boarder I'm happy to keep them.

If you or anyone else you know has produced any work that you feel may be suitable for the collection please message me. I can't guarantee that I will take everything that is offered however as I'm having to exercise quality control in order to keep the finances of the project in check.

Best wishes and keep up the good work everyone!