Thread: Dunjinni Forum Status

Guild Journeyer

Default Dunjinni Forum Status

Does anyone know the status of the Dunjinni forums? Particularly if they are likely to be worked on and made stable again?

I've been trying to access them regularly for about 2-3 weeks and and almost always get SQL access errors. About 1% of the time I can get in, for a few links, but that's about it.

I assume everyone else is having these problems, and I couldn't find any discussion of it anywhere as to what might be going on, etc.

The Dundjinni Forum is mostly dead, just like Dundjinni, and both probably will stay that way.

I think most Dundjinni users now have moved on to the Map Forge Forum:

http://www.mapforgeforum.com/
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

They had to move elswhere but that was a few months ago. Isn't that the forum ?
    http://www.mapforgeforum.com

edit: nijaeded by Mark, he definitely know more about this than I do.
    Last edited by Azélor; 02-15-2018 at 11:01 AM.

Guild Journeyer

That's what I was assuming, thanks. What about all the images? Have they been moved to the Map Forge forums too? (Quick look makes it appear so, but I wasn't that familiar in the first place.)

The Dundjinni Forums are pretty much dead in the water. The short story is that the owner has abandoned it. The website needs some type of technical repair but the server host won't do the work without permission and presumably payment by the owner. As the main Forum Administrator, Kepli tried to talk to them but we have no official standing. They will only work with the owner. It has been several years now and it just seems to be getting worse. Recovery is unlikely.

However, a new site that has been created to support MapForge has a lot of the original DundJinni Forums content available. The MapForge mapping program is in Beta testing and should be released soon. It will be a more powerful replacement for Dundjinni.

Here is a link to MapForge Forums: If you are looking for something specific that you cannot find there message me. I may have it on my hard drive.
    Mapforge Forum

Guild Journeyer

Thanks everyone. I appreciate it.

On a related topic, I've heard the names CSUAC and Vintyri as two collections. Are those still worth pursuing? From one of the two posts I've read on the MapForge forums, it sounds like those are no longer current as well. Or are they still useful and just not updated or...?

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate it.

On a related topic, I've heard the names CSUAC and Vintyri as two collections. Are those still worth pursuing? From one of the two posts I've read on the MapForge forums, it sounds like those are no longer current as well. Or are they still useful and just not updated or...?
    I'm not sure what you mean by current. They're complete products, freeware for commercial and personal use. To tell more, o ne would need to know what mapping software you're using.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Guild Adept Guild Sponsor

Sorry to necro this thread, but I would just like to note that the Dundjinni forums appear to be live, and the mapforge forum appears to have been hijacked and redirected to some sites that really want you to install malware by clicking scary "SECURITY CHECK" buttons.

And as the developer of MapForge, I'd just like to clarify that those weren't the official MapForge forums, but rather something thrown up by someone else and later abandoned.
    Looking for battlemap creation software that can be used to create gorgeous print-resolution output on Windows or Mac OS?
    Give MapForge a try.