Thread: Fellowship Watch Tower

Wip Fellowship Watch Tower

Small map I'm working on for a gaming encounter. Was interested in creating a side view of the tower for this project, and I think it's coming along pretty well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fellowship Watch Tower.PNG 
Views:	214 
Size:	3.63 MB 
ID:	74744

This is a watch tower usually held by soldiers on the edge of a nation, but the tower has been taken over in the last couple weeks by a small group of goblins. The goblins have spent their time since taking over by digging out a new lair in the basement of the tower.

Still a work in progress. I need to add more details to the side view. Figure I need to at least add a door and a couple windows. Some more detail in the caves might be good too. Then there's the ever-important labeling.

The height of the tower bothers me a bit. I intended to make it quite smaller. My written description in the quest notes I'm preparing still says "a small tower about 20 feet high". It is supposed to just be a small isolated watch tower. But in the course of freely drawing and mapping it out, it just ended up like this. Looks like it's closer to 150, and I like the look of it. Maybe I'll just stick with the new height and invent some excuse for why it's oversized for its purpose. Maybe the tower's history goes back much further to when it had some much more important purpose...

Yes it looks quite a lot higher than 20ft. It is more like a keep of sorts now. I like the design though - it is very distinctive.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Haven't worked on this project in a while, but I picked it up again this week. Nearing completion but not quite done yet.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fellowship Watch Tower.PNG 
Views:	83 
Size:	3.72 MB 
ID:	77913

Focused on a lot of fine details, especially to hide the repetition of the textures. Some of the details blend in a bit too well and aren't really visible unless you zoom in, so I think I'm going to need to increase some sizes. Also need to construct a banner of sorts out of the faction symbol (same symbol in the shield by the title) as I had to go and write the need for a visible banner into the quest I'm building around this.

But other than that, I think it's pretty much done.