Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shadowrun/modern street map

Default Shadowrun/modern street map

Heya,

I am currently working on a Shadowrun/Modern street pack. Here is the work in progress. I am making all the objects myself so it takes a loooong time. Let me know what you think!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	modernmap.jpg 
Views:	974 
Size:	510.6 KB 
ID:	74988

Beautiful maps!

Maybe I would appreciate more "dirt" in a Shadowrun map.

I think the door arc is wrong (the door knob is on the right side).

I use lots of modern photo textures for my modern urban maps from CGTextures.com, including a better or larger variety of concrete - something that might work better for your sidewalks, for example.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Thanks for the tips! I changed the door arcs. Ill add a dirt layer at the end of the process.

Another Work in Progress. This is 25% of the final scale. Everything is original. The objects take a LONG time, but the end result is very satisfying. What do you think?

Name:	wip2.jpg 
Views:	531 
Size:	477.4 KB 
ID:	75190

Looks nice! Reminds me a little of an HD Hotline Miami kind of thing. One recommendation I would have would be a separate tile texture for road intersection. Maybe without lines going through it and crosswalks.

Good work!
    Last edited by adwnt; 08-07-2015 at 10:15 PM.

This is looking pretty nice so far.

Woekan: Have you looked at the game Shadowrun Returns/Dragonfall? The editor with it includes access to all the map files which are isometric but might also be inspiring.

Adwnt: I have played hotline miami and one of my thoughts about it was that the levels resembled modern RPG building maps. =P
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

I think the streets are too narrow compared to the size of the interior space of the buildings - comparative in size the single building to the streets is almost the size of a city block. I've traditionally avoided creating modern urban maps for this reason. Shooting for encounter scale you need at least a 72 x 72 inch space (360 x 360 feet) just to depict a fairly accurate single city block with a street shown on 2 sides, with the assumption that other 72 x 72 inch squares show the missing streets and the next blocks. I'd also recommend using other floor textures (like floor tiles) so that the concrete exteriors don't match the concrete interiors. Aside from these two issues, I think you're doing a good job.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Larb. I just installed Shadowrun Returns. Indeed it is very inspiring, thank you! Meriba, you are right. I am adding more dirt to get the distopian feeling.

Another quick update. More variations in the interior flooring, some more objects and more grunge and dirt.

Name:	wip3.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	521.2 KB 
ID:	75234

Looking nice Woekan. Gameprinter is right about the streets, but then, maybe these are streets designed based upon the "new urbanist" principle of designing spaces for pedestrians rather than cars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast