Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Gods World

I have finally finished the mountains and have begun adding some interest in details where it is needed, soon I will add canyons, cliffs, gorges, volcanoes, the like. After that comes coloring.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yaag second style WIP.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	3.31 MB 
ID:	91973
    Last edited by eViLe_eAgLe; 01-29-2017 at 08:01 AM.

Whoa! That's a lorra mountains! And you say there are more?

I do hope you are going to shade them so they look a bit like the old ones? I also really liked them

Looking good eViLe_eAgLe

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Rongar's Avatar

Hello!

I gotta say ... I also prefer the old (2015) mountains. Not that the new ones are bad by any means, but the old ones were just gorgeous. That said, I still think you did a great job and the map is coming along nicely. Some of your rivers are behaving rather odd, though. A lot of slopes that are spectacularly nice to look at but under normal conditions I would think many of those rivers would flow in a more straight manner and "cut the corner", so to speak. I'm mainly talking about the part in the top middle where the slopes are rather extreme. Maybe that's just me, though.

Anyway, I'm eager to see your next iteration.

Cheers,

~~Rongar

@rongar
    I'm reworking the rivers, but as to what you said while the actual course of the river should be a bit straighter, river on flat lands tends to meander quite a bit.

@chashio Thank you!

@Mouse Yes, I am going to shade them, probably not quite like the last ones but they should look good nontheless. If this style doesn't turn out quite like how I wanted, then I might go back to the old one.

A bit of pedantry: River meanders tend to be relatively small features on the order of a few miles; rivers that have meanders (those that have created a flat plain for themselves) tend to be large features on the order of hundreds of miles. The rivers are pretty much just abstract lines whose width is a convenience to suggest river size and the meanders on the river would probably be smaller than the width of the lines.

http://eps.berkeley.edu/people/lunal...20Variance.pdf is a fun read if you have too much free time.

@Waldronate
    I know, I merely did it to fit with the style I was going with(The previous one), but the rivers will end up changing with now that I've progressed to something different.
    Btw thanks for the resource!

It's looking good! I'm glad to see more work in this map.
    Oh! And what a big tree !

I (believe) I have decided on something much like this style.

Name:	442546278511900ddc36bcbb358cc05d.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	472.9 KB 
ID:	92401

I just have to finish all of them now, add more highlights and darken the shadows a bit.

@ilanthar I know! It's the 'newest' world tree.

Honestly, there's nothing worse than getting stuck on things; for the life of me I cannot figure out a pleasing way to do forests on this map.
    Does anybody have any suggestions?

Name:	yaag World Second Style Third Phase.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	3.92 MB 
ID:	97718

Ah, also I made this little deviation for a game I ran in the world, since it was much easier than making a new map from scratch. Forgive the blurred cartouches, I was in a hurry so I just upscaled the original ones I had drawn in the beginning. At this point in time, i'm going to remake them for the main map.

Name:	YAAG Parchment Stlye.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	5.33 MB 
ID:	97719

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast