Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Inhabitants of the world. Any need for illustrations?

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

Name: Baron Janik Costellanice
    Race: Human

Baron Costellanice is the Lord Mayor of the town of Voran and the town's de facto ruler. The good baron is very much a trusted man of the leader of Raedis, Lord Romano, although the Costellanice family jeopardized their good terms with Raedis years ago in a short-lived dispute of back-stabbing, extortions, bribery and corruption between the Raedis' leading merchant-family, the Alleuris, and the Costellanice family. Things have settled down since those days and currently the Alleuri family hold a stable number one position as the most important merchant family in Raedis. However, in Voran and it's immediate vicinity, the Costellanices are the ones in power. In Voran, literally nothing happens without the knowledge of the Costellanice family.

The town of Voran is relatively peaceful. It's location is rather idyllic: the town sparsely sprouts over the two banks of the river and the town boasts also a bustling harbour which houses numerous riverboats and sturdier fishing ships. The dreaded plague is seeping to the town only in the tall tales of adventurers and in fact Voran is geographically nicely shielded by habited areas so there is little chance of a sudden outburst of the horrible disease. All this adds to a stable and well-doing economy of the area and nearby Raedis' military presence also makes the town safe.

So. Baron Costellanice has had it easy. No major upheavels in the recent past and none looms in the immediate future. The people do well and the lake provides ample food for the town even in those years when the crops fail for whatever reason. Thus Baron Costellanice has no opposition to speak of. In fact he and the Costellanice family he is leading are well-liked and respected in the community at large. The family is wealthy and powerful although they are largely seen as somewhat decadent and vane. Officially Baron Costellanice and all his family members are backing up Lord Romano of Raedis, but the unspoken truth is that any political change is bound to break the socio-economic coherency of Voran and that is not in the interest of Baron Costellanice. Thus the "support" he offers to Lord Romano is rather superficial and more of a courteous gesture than anything tangible.

### PIC ###
    Last edited by 12rounds; 10-28-2010 at 10:50 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

so.. now I skimmed through the whole thread... very nice pictures you make, and really love the counters, they have great coloring and good dynamics ... so I'll throw a bit of rep in your direction
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Blog Entries

Ahh I always love it when I get a notification on this thread. Nice one again Kimmo. Good to know your still doing your characters - they're very much appreciated.

Name: Chieftain Grom
    Race: Orc

One of the foremost leaders of the several restless and bloodthirsty demihuman tribes of Bloodspires, Chieftain Grom bows for no-one. There is no formal king among the biggering tribes of orcs, goblins, kobolds, hobgoblins and ogres of Bloodspires, but if one would be appointed today, Chieftain Grom would be a strong candidate for such a post. Grom may not live to see himself as the King of Bloodspires since he is not particularly interested in uniting with anybody that's not an orc. The orcs themselves are just a fraction - albeit a strong one - of all the inhabitants of Bloodspires and even the orc clans have blood feuds and ancient rivalries running amok amongst themselves.

Chieftain Grom is ruthless, cunning and intelligent. He would be considered an intelligent person even if he was a human or an elf, but for an orc Grom is exceptionally bright. However his conniving brain is constantly under attack by his impatience and temperament that frequently cloud his judgement in all matters ranging from domestic affairs to warfare. So far Grom has supporters in all orc clans and several tribes of goblins and kobolds and other demihuman races, but he has not yet been able to show enough leadership to form a solid and wide ranging supporter-base that would allow him to claim a more prominent position. Nevertheless he is not just a chieftain among chieftains anymore and anytime the orc chieftains hold meetings of any kind, when Grom speaks his mind, silence falls and propositions meet nodding and grunts signalling agreement.

Several authorities in coastal cities of Witchlight Strand have seen Grom's growing power as alarming and a few unsuccesfull assasination attempts against Grom have already been attempted. The Liaglades elves are, however, not at all worried about Grom per se, but the possibility of a united demihuman front is what makes the elves more cautious. The elves see Grom as too violent and bloodthirsty to be able to form a cohesive union between the tribes, but eventually such a person is bound to rise among the demihuman ranks. Humans on the other hand more generally acknowledge Grom's possibilities in achieving some sort of powerful pact or alliance between the orc clans. If such a pact would form, the power of the orcs would grow considerably and might draw the lesser dominant races of Bloodspires towards them.

Whatever the future holds for humans and elves, the orc Clan of Grom is enjoying successes after another in the leadership of Chieftain Grom.

### PIC ###

2016-June: added a token for Grom
    Last edited by 12rounds; 06-20-2016 at 03:39 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Great stuff again 12Rounds - love the morningstar Grom's carrying
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Ohh! And I just happen to have a party of wayward adventurer's heading into that area. Great stuff!

-IG

More updates, that's great
    I am noticing a change: you are displaying the head and chest in the latest images instead of the entire body. Don't get me wrong here, they look great, but I am curious why you have chosen to do them this way?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

No particular reason, Gandwarf. Just experimenting. It opens up more options for face and facial expressions. I also find it a bit more challenging.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'm with ya 12, plus I don't really need to see feet unless there's something odd about them.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Name: Tanya Gaelen
    Race: Human

Tanya works for Augustus von Haedor as an assistant. She admires the man - his relentlessness and unending patience. They are not romantically involved and in fact Tanya sees Augustus more like a father figure than a lover. It was pure chance that brought the two under the same roof one windy and rainy day a week after Augustus had entered Rhadim and decided to take residence just outside of the city. Tanya just happened to seek safety from the weather in the same inn Augustus had chosen to set his base and they soon found out that they both enjoyed the company of each other and that their views of the world followed the same guiding principles.

Although not a religious person, Tanya has strong convictions and deep understanding of common kindness and fairness which are - sadly - vaning traits and making way for selfishness and greed. Naturally Augustus did not just happen to trust the girl he met out of the blue, but instead put her through several tests before spilling the beans on his mission in Rhadim. Tanya does not know all that Augustus knows, but she knows enough to act accordingly. Her job is manifold: she is to act as a liason between Augustus and Miriam Sandell who has penetrated the deep core of the rising Syth cult in Rhadim and she is also to keep track of Miriam, follow menial errands in the city and see if she can find information about the possible corruption of city officials. Tanya does not personally know Miriam, but she does observe her comings and goings from a distance whereas Miriam doesn't know anything at all about Tanya - except that there is a mysterious person who picks up clues and information that are left by Miriam to be further directed to Augustus later.

Tanya is merely an adult - just 21 years of age. But she was an early bloomer and was practically a grown-up at the age of 14. Roughly at that time her mother and father both died in a fire. She had no siblings to take care of and her parents' passing away unrooted her from the place she grew up. She took off and left the neighbourhood of her childhood and never looked back. A literal coming of age. After 7 years of travelling around she still seeks new challenges and wishes to see more marvels of distant lands and their inhabitants. It is very clear to Augustus that Tanya is not going to stay beside him for the duration it might take to destroy the cult of Syth in Rhadim. Although Tanya has expressed an ideal that she wishes to see this thing through to the end. Who knows, maybe Augustus has enough influence on Tanya to make her stay in Rhadim until his job there is done.

### PIC ###
    Last edited by 12rounds; 10-28-2010 at 10:50 AM.

Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast