Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Inhabitants of the world. Any need for illustrations?

CamStudio has some pretty good compression formats built in. If you use the settings for the iPod, I think you'll get the smallest size.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    CamStudio has some pretty good compression formats built in. If you use the settings for the iPod, I think you'll get the smallest size.

I have not had a chance to use it yet.. Will play with it this week.

Nice new Avatar RP. Is that a space ship?
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I believe it's HAL 9000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_9000
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

That is indeed HAL. I figured it wasn't really too different from my Eye Avatar after all.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Blog Entries

I use camstudio on default large file settings as it seems to be able to save in that better than compressing at the same time. Then I take the file and push through mediacoder and save it in XviD format which is the MPEG4 type which has great compression. Only H264 might be better but not so many players play that ok. The most popular playback format is MPEG but the compression is at least 2 - 3 times more with MPEG4 than older types. I dont believe that there is a popular and free MPEG4 other than XviD anyway. When compressing I strip the audio off and put the bitrate at about 800 which for video is pretty low hence the low image quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Heres a few seconds of movie for you - just about 5Mb worth to get the flavour of it.

I should have put these into the move but I have another which shows that better.

If you have any trouble viewing the movies then try VLC though media player should work just fine.
    I couldn't view the first video, but the second worked great. So can you change out what they are carrying/wearing in real time or do you need to save it as a separate file first?

12rounds, I would love to see some more tokens if your willing to put in the effort. I would be more than happy to pay $3-$5 for a (around) 30-60 pack of tokens and I am sure many others would also.

Here is an example of the work done by Devin (Night???) if you want to see some samples of what I mean. Deven creates token packs for sale and even does custom work by request (for payment of course). Devon makes some nice tokens(I have purchased 2 packs and the have the free packs), but many of them are a bit "cartoony" for my personal preference.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

I clicked on the link with a different PC and it tried to open it with irfanview which didnt play it. If I save the link to disk and then use open with... and select vlc then it was fine. Not sure what else I can do. I thought they were exactly the same format. I always use XviD but something must be different I guess.

As for the token, if you select the edit so that you can move it about with the circle handles which is what your seeing in both movies. You can start to drag, press E for edit and then it takes you to that item where you can take his sword off or put a shield on etc. Then when done you just press backspace to get back to the original map and it will have the new equipment. You can create a clone of it and have two copies with different equip as well if you like but thats not the fastest way to do it. So I would say yes its dynamic but you have to change edit level down by one first which is good because you want to group all the stuff into one token and only have one edit handle for the character and all his equipment all together.

I saved it to my desktop, but don't have VLC (or even know what it is) so can't check it.

Pretty cool on the token edit. I think I'll have to keep that in mind for future top downs I create.

(Threadjack)

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    I thought they were exactly the same format. I always use XviD but something must be different I guess.
    G-Spot disagrees:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2008-10-14_163534.png 
Views:	106 
Size:	207.2 KB 
ID:	7084

I hate codec hell....

-Rob A>

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast