Greetings all,

I'm a very. We member to the guild, as well as being a very new mapper. I was curious about the challenges, mainly as a way to learn (no where near worthy enough to enter), and I saw this thread. I certainly hope I'm not being impertinent, and if I am, please believe I mean no offence.

I've been on many of these types of sites before(by that I mean artist sites) where there are challenges, and voting contests. I'm actually a writer by trade and by nature. I've had to deal with voter fraud on other sites.

The 5 post minimum is very easy to work around for those creating fake accounts with which to vote. Creating a new account with 5 quick 'I really admire your map... Your attention to detail on[insert detail here] is truly amazing' can be done in less than an hour. I believe with this post, I've reached my own 5 post minimum, and I've been a member less than a week, plus I have no home internet and have wait until I'm somewhere that has wi Fi.

I would never dream of trying to tell you how to run your site . I just wanted to make you aware that your solution may not completely solve your issue. If my opinion has any merit, I would agree with the poster that suggested a probation period and/or posting g of original work to earn voting rights. New artists who are TRUE artists like myself, will completely understand the need for such restrictions to keep things fair... An
d those that do not, are probably the type to cheat anyway, and do you really want them on your site?