Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *** Zero tolerance for voter fraud ***

Thanks Robbie

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

What Bogie said
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Thank you, sirrah!

Yay! Thanks Robbie!

(I am slightly disappointed; I had my stocks of rotten parchment and ink ready to throw at someone )

Greetings all,

I'm a very. We member to the guild, as well as being a very new mapper. I was curious about the challenges, mainly as a way to learn (no where near worthy enough to enter), and I saw this thread. I certainly hope I'm not being impertinent, and if I am, please believe I mean no offence.

I've been on many of these types of sites before(by that I mean artist sites) where there are challenges, and voting contests. I'm actually a writer by trade and by nature. I've had to deal with voter fraud on other sites.

The 5 post minimum is very easy to work around for those creating fake accounts with which to vote. Creating a new account with 5 quick 'I really admire your map... Your attention to detail on[insert detail here] is truly amazing' can be done in less than an hour. I believe with this post, I've reached my own 5 post minimum, and I've been a member less than a week, plus I have no home internet and have wait until I'm somewhere that has wi Fi.

I would never dream of trying to tell you how to run your site . I just wanted to make you aware that your solution may not completely solve your issue. If my opinion has any merit, I would agree with the poster that suggested a probation period and/or posting g of original work to earn voting rights. New artists who are TRUE artists like myself, will completely understand the need for such restrictions to keep things fair... An
    d those that do not, are probably the type to cheat anyway, and do you really want them on your site?

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

If it becomes an issue again, we can take a look at more restrictive voting rules, but the idea is to encourage participation, and the more challenging it is to be able to vote, the more discouraging it is to new members.

Thanks for the advice, and hope to see you grow as a regular contributor to the Guild.

I certainly hope I can eventually learn enough to rise to the standards and reputation of your truly talented artist! I have a lot to learn in moving my literary creativity into the visual realm. I need all the help I can get, which is why I am here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12