Thread: "Dysonized" hand-drawn RPG map---Temple of the Moon God

Wip "Dysonized" hand-drawn RPG map---Temple of the Moon God

Joined fairly recently and thought it was time I share something, so here's a little WIP map I'm doing as part of custom world/campaign I've been working on for Pathfinder RPG. It's a three-level dungeon/cavern hidden beneath an ancient temple that honors "The Moon God" (whatever he/she/it is TBD lol)

Stuck with the classic hand-drawn pencil/ink on graph paper for these. Then, for a little dressing up, decided to try my hand at the "Dyson" style that is (was?) ever-so-popular.

I'm reasonably happy with the results so far, though I'm definitely still getting the technique down. If nothing else, it's execution certainly induces a bit of the Zen

They're much more substance than style at this point (utilitarian, for game purposes) but I may gussy 'em up later with color, if they prove worthy of the effort.

Thanks for looking!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150825_074425.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	660.0 KB 
ID:	75634

Name:	20150825_074436.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	613.2 KB 
ID:	75635

Name:	20150829_090507.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	623.7 KB 
ID:	75709
    Last edited by CullZeroEight; 08-29-2015 at 10:12 AM. Reason: added level 3 of map

Banned User

Definitely worthy! I think you have the makings of a really awesome map here! I'll look forward to seeing it in color

Hey thanks! And say hello to Traverse City for me. I went to middle & high school in Gaylord.....a looong time ago

Really nice work on this, CZE. I like the clean design and line art that you kept up, with just the right amount of detail to give it juice without clutter. It doesn't even need color in my opinion; the line art stands on its own and looks very smart.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Very kind of you Chashio. Full credit to Dyson Logos for the style, which I just discovered a couple of days ago.

I have one more level to this "dungeon" to ink up and I'll post that when it's done. And yes, I am hesitant to "ruin" the cleanliness with color ...maybe if anything I'll just do some light shading or some such.

Thanks for commenting!

edit: corrected spelling of your name :/
    Last edited by CullZeroEight; 08-25-2015 at 02:27 PM.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CullZeroEight View Post
    Hey thanks! And say hello to Traverse City for me. I went to middle & high school in Gaylord.....a looong time ago
    Neighbors!!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

I think you're off to a great start, and you've captured Dyson's style nicely.

Those look fantastic. I do love the hand drawn maps as it's something I have always struggled with. You have fantastic line work, and obviously a fair bit a patience to add that kind of detail.

Also, props for drawing in the direction of flow of the river. I like the way you did that.