Thread: Activity/Dungeon maze activity for 'The Cave Maze: Wizard Warrior Quest' book.

Guild Novice

Wip Activity/Dungeon maze activity for 'The Cave Maze: Wizard Warrior Quest' book.

What do you think of this idea? Working on a maze activity as a promo for 'The Cave Maze: Wizard Warrior Quest' YA fantasy novel.
    In the end, I will need a cool "dungeon" version to be included at the back of the e and print book as kind of a bonus, and a stripped down printable activity sheet version as a print out puzzle game. This is my opining idea... thoughts? ( I know you like the sketch monsters! )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Printable Maze Crop.JPG 
Views:	159 
Size:	319.0 KB 
ID:	75995  

I love activity mazes! Ever since I was a young child able to hold a pencil, I've drawn mazes very much like the one you posted. One thing I like about such mazes is the ability to add doors that require keys found elsewhere in the maze to pass, or monsters that require other items hidden in the maze to defeat in order to continue. That way, even in a top-down perspective, one can't simply trace a line from the start to exit to find the "solution."

You could even include a simple set of rules for encounter resolution (i.e., "combat"). The Lone Wolf game books included a few pages with a grid of random numbers. The reader was instructed to close his or her eyes and use a pencil to select a number on the page. That way, no dice were required. I loved those game books!

Banned User

Ohhhhh a maze!! Quick, print it, gotta run it Can't wait to see it as a real dungeon!

Guild Novice

Default Completed "dungeon" version!

I posted the completed "dungeon" version in the Finished Maps Gallery!

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?t=32123
    Last edited by Chris Allen; 11-09-2015 at 04:57 AM.