Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The region of Shandmyrr

Wip The region of Shandmyrr

Have not drawn map in ages — early 90s and those maps were crap — but Dungeons & Dragons 5E pulled me in and the upcoming campaign made me draw up some things. Then the project sort of started to grow and I drew more and more. (The names on the map is in Swedish but the only one that has non-standard place meaning is #2 which translates into "a bit to the side".)

Anyway. Stole some ideas from Max's Known World-maps for the bigger towns, and then I started to doodle small local places in the magin. The margin is quite big now.

(And this is my first post here so hi! I'll do the proper introduction section tomorrow.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shandmyrr_map.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	75997

I like your drawing style - it's a nice map.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

I have to agree with Larb. Quite a fun and interesting style.
    I like the little maps on the side too.

i love your style! are you taking any commissions?

Thank you! The side-maps have some... inconsistencies in shade that I've fixed since then so please disregard from those.

Quote Originally Posted by BO0MBOX View Post
    i love your style! are you taking any commissions?
    Being an illustrator, I gosh darn hope so. http://www.carbonatedink.com/ has some information about that.

Very nice style! All the work on your website, too. Welcome!
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

I agree with everyone : an original and pleasant style! And I love you drawings on the right side.

Hey nyvinter, welcome to the guild! I can only agree with the others, this sketchy comicesque style of your map is really cool. Looking forward to see more maps from you. Have some rep!

Nice stuff, nyvinter! I too love the sketchy/scribbly style. The absolutely *only* nit i would pick is that it's implausible the river would fork at Mittsjo and flow to two different places on the sea coast.

What kind of tools do you use? Is this all digital, or is there some physical media in play?

Quote Originally Posted by nyvinter View Post
    Thank you! The side-maps have some... inconsistencies in shade that I've fixed since then so please disregard from those.

Being an illustrator, I gosh darn hope so. http://www.carbonatedink.com/ has some information about that.
    YOU'RE A CRITTER! I knew I recognized your work! I've seen it retweeted by the cast of Critical Role plenty of times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast