Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So, here is the latest version of the Tectonic layout:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aduhr Tectonics.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	76533

The major change compared to the previous version is in the Agalhaic plate (the "outer Ocean"). As it turned out, due to the movement of the continents the situation actually is a bit different from the Pacific, as the Agalhaic is expanding south- and northwards, while being subducted along its eastern edge (and western, to a lesser extent).

Checking the present layout in 3d, there are a couple of places where the location of the boundaries needs to be shifted (western corner of the "Nomune" plate), but it seems the rifts and the subduction zones are in the right places. Also, since the location of the Agalhaic rift(s) underwent such drastic changes, the orientation of the island chains in the said plate needs to be changed. Fortunately there are only two of those...

So, all in all, aside from a few details, I think I have the tectonic layout in a finished state. Any comments and criticisms are welcome!

Edit:

I fixed the aforementioned "defects" and did a few minor changes as well. Foremost among them I further modified the "Tip of Akanrias", since I wasn't really happy with the previous implementation (I like the new version much better).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aduhr Tectonics IV.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	76538
    Last edited by Charerg; 10-05-2015 at 04:49 PM.