Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I promised the big ice sheet, so here it is:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aduhr VI.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	1,022.5 KB 
ID:	137391

I chose to use a separate colour gradient for the glaciated areas (also with somewhat less intervals than the regular scale), let me know how that worked out.

I originally had grand plans to make maps of ice flow rates (like this one on wikipedia) and everything, but I might postpone those since I'm a bit impatient to get to work on the next continent . In terms of comparisons between Earthly Ice Sheets, it's a bit of a mix between the Antarctic and Greenland. In the sense that the Antarctic Ice Sheet reaches the ocean in most areas, and the dynamics are dominated by ice shelves (parts of the glacier extending over the ocean), whereas the Greenland Ice Sheet is largely constrained inland and flows into the ocean through ice streams.

The Urgaleonic ice sheet has two major ice shelves (which I should probably name at some point), but also does not reach the ocean in many regions. Judging by ice flows over the Antarctic, the fastest flows should be those feeding the ice shelves. As a sidenote related to future climate-building, I think the continent layout would result in a pretty substantial temperature difference between the western and eastern hemisphere. Unlike on Earth, where the Antarctic is largely isolated by circumpolar currents, here all that glacial meltwater flows into the "North Nemeian Sea". This would make for a pretty big contrast, especially affecting the continent of Nemeias.
    Last edited by Charerg; 04-08-2024 at 08:22 AM.