Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [WIP] Das emperyale Lvramion und umliegende Länder

I don't know what it is, but i can never...never open your attachments
    Odd, sorry about that. Had the same problem a while ago. Must have something to do with the file size I guess?
    Anyway, I updated my Deviant-Art, this should work at least. http://metzgerwilli.deviantart.com/a...t&ga_changes=1
    It is not the best quality but the best I can do when I want to keep the file size under 9MB.
    Last edited by MetzgerWilli; 02-03-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhey View Post
    First off, Amazing map!

That space area makes my eye see it as the edge of the globe, but not quite because of the lower left area of the space bits. It looks awkward. Have you played around with putting in in different areas?
    Thanks a lot! I am glad that it is nearing its finish.

Hmm, I haven't tried putting it in different areas, though I would rather not do it as it would mean a lot of work since the area behind it is not colored. I tried erasing some of the outer edges. Would something like this help?
    Original: Attachment 79791
    Option: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weltkarte163a.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	8.76 MB 
ID:	79806

Korash, a few weeks earlier, suggested to let the areas fade into each other more. But wouldn't this only make the perceived effect stronger?
    Last edited by MetzgerWilli; 02-04-2016 at 07:19 AM.

Thanks for the dA link. I had some troubles there as well but it finally worked and i could take a look at it in better resolution than the thumbnail here ^^ It's a very cool map! I really like it. Screams RPG at me, so i guess you managed to convey the most important aspect of a map that is intended for your DnD campaign
    Hopefully we will see the finished version before long (and maybe a link to a downloadable full resolution map, if you are willing?).

Have some Rep.!

P.S.: And as a fellow roleplayer i feel obliged to ask - care to tell us a bit about the world? Its kingdoms and races and what kind of stuff is going on there?
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

I have worked on the clouds, concealed the pattern used in the frame and made it look a bit dirtier, and tried to make the black planet space look less "odd".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weltkarte164.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	8.69 MB 
ID:	79857
    If the the pic doesn't show, does [right click --> save as] work?

I wonder whether I should expand on the white clouds a little more. If you don't find them, this is where they are (in crappy jpg).

Name:	Weltkarte164_Farbe.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	3.95 MB 
ID:	79856

Apart from this and minor changes I still want to make, I consider the map more or less finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    P.S.: And as a fellow roleplayer i feel obliged to ask - care to tell us a bit about the world? Its kingdoms and races and what kind of stuff is going on there?
    Map with borders. This is just for my information, no advice for the aesthetics needed

Name:	Weltkarte164_Grenzen.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	8.72 MB 
ID:	79855

There are bits of Dungeons and Dragons terms used:
    The known world as featured here, contains around 4-5 mostly human nations which are seperated by broad borders of wild lands, so direct military conflicts between them are very rare nowadays. The nations have enough trouble dealing with the various monster tribes and clans in the wilderness (and the occasionally apocalyptic crisis that requires heroes to solve it of course). Because most of the land is savage and the seas are treacherous, trade between nations is a dangerous, but fairly lucrative profession.

The biggest Reich, Lvramion, lies in the middle and governed from the capital of Lyram by a triumvirat of (benevolent??) titans (emperyals) who have governed here for hundreds of years. The other ones are smaller, but have their own culture and political system. There is Theocratic Rubinya in the east, said to be the landing of the first humans, with the usual fanatism and unfairness of a god-worshipping nation. The city-states of the regions of Phonon and Zirnon in the east which form a (non-binding) council, somewhat similiar to Faerun's Sword Coast. Plutocratic or Oligarchic Saronnatal. And the Republican Sultanate of Shantalja. There is also Luctuos, a demon Mordor wasteland behind the Mountains, which is only the most Southern part of a huge evil land. The rest of the towns are mostly city states governed by single lords, sorcerers, mage circles or small groups of leaders.

The many gods do not exist (anymore) as they do in the Forgotten Realms of DnD and are rarely worshipped as they don't do anything anymore. The reason why they stopped existing or at least lost their grasp on the world is unknown (to the people of the realm), but it happened a very long time ago and might have something to do with the arrival of the titans on the planet. Arcane magic however does still exist, and the DnD classes of clerics and paladins also exist, though they derive their power from magical rune inscribed stones, refined from a very rare material (somewhat similiar to the Paladins in Gothic, and with alignment playing a role). The biggest resource of this material is on the island Brandesmer in the Southern ocean. There are three more major godesses who represent the three moons of the planet who do not interfere in worldly matters directly. Of the moons, one or two are visible at any time of the day and night. I intend to play around with those moons and the sun to (more or less) realistically create the climate I want for my world.

The regions north of the map are mostly wild and demon infested jungles, so not much is known about this region, but there is a Rakshasa governed empire beyond the Gulf of Tenagra. To the west you have the vast dry salt desert of Vademekum with a rumored empire beyond the desert. To the East there are only unending waters, and in the south are (advancing?) cliffs of ice with a mountain enclosed tropical land where the planet's South pole lies.

Lyram, Lvramion's capital, is located in the middle of the big plateau, and is the biggest city with around 1-2 million citizens and is supplied by vast plantations on the plateau and numbers of caravans arriving from throughout the Reich. The city itself is arranged in walled rings with people of increasing importance/wealth living in the inner rings (think Minas Tirith) and access to the inner rings is restricted. In the middle of the city lies the giant sized palace of the emperyals and its gardens with a huge spring, fueled by water from the elemental water plane, that supplies the whole city with abundant fresh water and sanitation system.

The Chrimson Brachland (the read prairie) is the aftermath of dwarves who dug too deep into the mountains (surprise) several hundred years ago, and provoked an invasion from Luctuos that was barely stroken back by the remaining dwarves and young Lvramion. The war left the earth red from vile demon blood and the capital Thargathol ruined and abandoned, though the dwarves of the region still consider it their capital as they intend to take it back and rebuild it someday. It is not unusual to encounter a demon here who buried himself in the red earth.

Luxana is the biggest city on the big Lumenan lake, and the classical paladin governed city who worship the light and goodness in living beings. It is the center of most life, light and war based rune magic, and homestead of white paladins.

The grant city of Sentoran has been razed 300 years ago by an undead army, raised by a Wizard (who may have been a Lich back then, but certainly is now if he still lives) and is just in the process of regaining at least some of its former wealth. The clan and closest partners of the noble wizard have been persecuted by the paladins of Luxana ever since.

A big chunk of the Lvramion army is currently stationed in the keeps of the Eastern Border where the orcs, who have been exiled 80 years ago, have built an army and threaten the current peace. This leads to the cities being short staffed and more than enough jobs for sellswords and adventurers.
    You know what, I can't write it all down, it's all in German and filled with notes, hehe. However I'll be happy to elaborate on any particular location that interests you The far East and West are not as fleshed out yet, but I have at least a few phrases prepared for most of the lands.

Thanks for the dA link. I had some troubles there as well but it finally worked and i could take a look at it in better resolution than the thumbnail here ^^ It's a very cool map! I really like it. Screams RPG at me, so i guess you managed to convey the most important aspect of a map that is intended for your DnD campaign

Have some Rep.!
    Thank you very much.

Hopefully we will see the finished version before long (and maybe a link to a downloadable full resolution map, if you are willing?).
    Most certainly, I have no reason not to do so.
    Last edited by MetzgerWilli; 02-06-2016 at 05:49 AM.

Very cool, thanks for the infos. Oh and if you ever post stuff of it somewhere on an internet site, let me know, because german is not a problem for me (see my location ).
    Looking forward to the finished and full res. map (and thanks for sharing).
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Aside from fixing minor stuff, I have played around with font color and colored the labels of the bigger regions red. I think this should look better than only black.
    I also added a wall of fog to the eastern island.

Name:	Weltkarte166.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	8.85 MB 
ID:	80550

Pretty close to the finish now, so if something is amiss, tell me
    Last edited by MetzgerWilli; 02-23-2016 at 04:52 PM.

I have to say this map looks spectacular, especially as your first map. I really like the color palette. Waiting to see the finished version

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123