Hi. I suck with naming things or take a real long time to name things. Obviously when making a realistic world you need a fairly consistent naming scheme to work with so going through and randomly choosing names or making names up doesn't really suit me and I finally got to a point on a project where I will have to name a lot of things so like always, I want to automate the process.

To do that I need a list of "parts" that would go into any name scheme. That is to say I need a list of things like, "mountain" "large" "river" "Red" "farm" descriptive words that are common and common variations. For example "wood" and "forest"... Also to some degree I also need a list of name meaning and jobs for the personal part of any name.

What do I plan on doing then with this?
Make a simple Javascript based webpage where you can enter in a list of what are the equivalents for those particular words and then have a random generation script that draws from them and creates these place names. I might go even so far as to word degradation and multilevel names like "East Southerton River" which would be the "Eastern River of the Town that is South" which is fairly common.

I'm guessing that there isn't that many words that really can apply but I don't know and I can't find a good list, so please help me ^.^

BTW such a script isn't hard to make, but I won't be able to do it for like a month, but thought I'd ask way in advance because then I can sift through and organize to see how much I need to do before I actually do it. ^.^

Thanks in advance!