Thread: Motley Mapping Fragments by Abu Lafia

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi Chickpea, yeah i was hoping there are other people having the same problem too... not sure if " a shared problem is a halved problem", but i still have hope not to abandon those pieces

Hey Meshon, before i can tell you my secrets, you need to be initiated into the inner circles of ... well, i have to admit it's rather "Pfusch" (no idea how to translate... flub? blotch? bungling? ... funny words actually) so no really "clean" way to do this. I guess, this won't scare you off, so i'll give it a try to explain:
    Yes, it's two (or better four) separate layers, the first with the wider "inner glow" (i usually make it by selection -> path, stroke path (keep the selection or maybe invert it) ) from the landmass layer without rivers, the other layer with a narrower "inner glow" from the landmass layer with rivers. Than i went "alpha to selection" on the first "glow-layer" and cleared the selected area on the second "glow-layer". Maybe some erasing by hand on the "junctions" is necessary afterwards. The same i did on the "Grant& Karst" map and the "TNBM" map. Hope it makes some sense, as i worked with gimp.
    Last edited by Abu Lafia; 03-23-2016 at 03:52 PM.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter