Hello everybody!
I thought i will use this thread to post from time to time some stuff i'm currently working on, learning and struggling with. Hope you'll enjoy it!

I came to this idea by a small pencil sketch, i scribbled down during and after our last rpg session this weekend. I wanted to scan it and maybe "post-processing" this piece digitally in gimp. It was the first time i scanned something drawn, and i was actually somewhat surprised by the relatively good quality (my friend's scanner is just a common "all-in-one" device, but with 600 dpi). So after cleaning the sketch up a bit, i just (multi-) layered it over a parchment background with different settings (multiply 40%, burn 80%, overlay 80%) and voilà!
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fishbone Wharf.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	77142

I like the look of it and thought tracing the lines in gimp might not even be necessary here.
It's a rather easy way to produce some nice small handouts for pen&paper sessions.
Maybe i'll also have a look, how to add some color to it soon.

Here is the original scan with some more sketches (a manor and a small cellar) :
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Locations Elburial Scan2.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	77143
(scaled down to 50%)

As always, critique, comments, suggestions, in fact any kind of feedback is greatly welcome!
Cheers,
AL