Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: November/December 2015 Challenge : Promising Loot in Musfat Spaceport

Thanks a lot for the kind words Ilanthar, i'm glad you like it! Yes the houses gotten more dense near the centre. Mos Eisley? Never heard of that place!
    I found out, the challenge wasn't ending on December the 31 but is actually still going until "around the 3rd of January"... So i added some more houses to the map, mostly outlines and basecolours and also added some glass roofs on some of the buildings. I also put in two more labels of places of interest: the waterworks in the southwestern corner and the "Zahi-Bazar" ( the oval building in the south with the platforms on it).
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SpaceportWIPVII.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	4.34 MB 
ID:	78649
    At least the map looks a bit less empty now.
    Cheers,
    AL
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Nice additions. A lot of buildings... a lot of work! I know how it is. It's a very cool map and you're putting a lot of fun details in it, so I have to support you .

It's looking great. And chaotic!

Your workaround on the perspective issue turned out well, probably even better than before.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thanks a lot guys. Here's the final upload (for the challenge at least).
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SpaceportWIPVIII.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	4.32 MB 
ID:	78734
    Besides more buildings i experimented with drop shadows for the buildings. I also tweaked the colour of the background parchment. since i found it a bit too green. Maybe this impression is due to my new monitor (or better the old one...) but i think it looks better now.
    Also, i put the spaceship Meshon did on the central landing platform. I think it's not perfectly "embedded" for now, but as mentioned before, i'm going to continue to work on the map after the challenge anyway.
    I somehow miscalculated the amount of work for a map with so many buildings and linework for the landscape, details etc., so i couldn't finish it in time (to be fair, motivational issues and christmas played a role too ). Again, better planning in advance could have spared me some time, but map by map it gets a bit better i think. The main thing i need to tackle on the next projects will be the consistency in the linework i guess.
    Thanks for all the feedback critique and friendly support, i greatly appreciate it. Hope you enjoy Musfat Spaceport!
    Cheers,
    AL
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

This has come a long way, nice job, liked the old typeface, but like this one even better. Maybe the Old refinery could have longer shadows, they look a little flat still. Your cliffs are superb!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234