Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [WIP] Makaiyoto

It's been a while since I worked on this and before doing new maps I decided to get back to some older ones. So the past two days I have been working on this map. Basically what I've been doing is removing towns so that the map is a little less crowded and the towns are not so evenly spread across the map, as that was mentioned by some of you ( and rightfully so!).

So here's where I'm at, at the moment!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Makaiyoto 1.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	3.46 MB 
ID:	78900

Let me knwo what you think!

-Dan

Another update. I've done a little work on the map again

- Tweaked the icons and labels here and there,
    - Made the coastline a little thicker,
    - Added a history to the cartouche,
    - Added degrees to give a sense of location

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Makaiyoto 2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	5.57 MB 
ID:	79042

Let me know what you think! ;D

-Dan

Looking better. I have to say I like the way the example map from a while back had it where by looking at the placement of the towns you could tell there was a path there where as I find what you did to be less cluttered and better than previous it seems random and off to me, but other than that its looking good.

This looks splendid Daniel! Love the borders. The sea is nice but the repeating pattern is somewhat representative. Otherwise love it!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Durakken View Post
    Looking better. I have to say I like the way the example map from a while back had it where by looking at the placement of the towns you could tell there was a path there where as I find what you did to be less cluttered and better than previous it seems random and off to me, but other than that its looking good.
    Thanks Durakken! I tried to put some thought in where to leave cities and where to remove them, keeping in mind geography, fertile lands and cultural development. I'm pretty sure that I may have made some senseless decisions here and there, but when I look at it now there not much that seems too odd to me that I would change it.

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    This looks splendid Daniel! Love the borders. The sea is nice but the repeating pattern is somewhat representative. Otherwise love it!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks Arsheesh! I suppose you mean repetitive, not representative, right? I think I understand what you mean, but the map is meant to be printed and when hung up on my walls it will not be so harsh as it seems when zoomed to 100% image size and blend with the other features of the map (hopefully ;p)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12