Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: (Almost) Finished map of Northern Aruv

Changed the land a bit, added rivers (feedback needed again of course), fixed up the bottom mountains.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	River world.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	4.83 MB 
ID:	79367

Here's ALMOST the final result. Labeling and other such little details left and changes to what I have now if people think it'll make it better. So here it is if you didn't see it int the first post:

Name:	River world.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	4.83 MB 
ID:	79372

Ah it feels good to be back to the Guild! After about a month of almost inactivity (I did get little work done but hadn't posted it), I'm also working on another city (no I did not finish Moonfall yet, I like putting off stuff and jumping on to other projects... it's a sickness but what can I do...), here is the still almost finished map of Northern Aruv. I need to fix up the labeling, the borders in the south and the road (suggestions as always are welcomed!).

Name:	Aru Almost Final.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	5.23 MB 
ID:	80828

Looking nice so far. I think I like it better without the coloured forests, not sure that the colour suits it.

The brown forest and ocean too close in color to distinguish them apart. May just a tint of green, not as much as before? Nice job though on the map

I added a little blue to the oceans and very little green to the forests.

Name:	1.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	5.42 MB 
ID:	80862

Name:	2.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	5.42 MB 
ID:	80863

Nice job so far. The variation of color in the forest are well done.

Looking good. Agree that the forests are very nice and the mountains really lift off the page, err, screen! Not sure, but I wonder if the seas might look better with just a touch more blue in them? (Might just be my personal taste, though).

Something you might want to take a look at is the colour of your rivers in comparison to your roads. With a quick glance, I thought your roads were rivers, as they're about the right colour for water and they wiggle around a lot like rivers do. It was only when peering closer, I realised what they were meant to be. Your rivers get a little lost in the background now, as they're very similar to the forests. Not sure if these parts are finished or still to be worked on, but I think it'd be worth taking a look.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Fixed in the legend. Now all that's left is the compass, few more labels of islands and lakes, maybe some sea monsters and customizing the border.

Name:	Aru Almost Finaler.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	5.34 MB 
ID:	80871

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Something you might want to take a look at is the colour of your rivers in comparison to your roads. With a quick glance, I thought your roads were rivers, as they're about the right colour for water and they wiggle around a lot like rivers do. It was only when peering closer, I realised what they were meant to be. Your rivers get a little lost in the background now, as they're very similar to the forests. Not sure if these parts are finished or still to be worked on, but I think it'd be worth taking a look.
    Yup I'm still trying to find the right color for them... I think that I could just switch them and they'd look better, roads become dirt roads and rivers are... well just rivers!

UPDATE:
    Changed the river and road colors but I'm still not sure... I might completely remove the roads, I'll think about that.

Name:	Aru Almost Finaler.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	5.34 MB 
ID:	80876
    Last edited by RigoIII; 03-03-2016 at 06:25 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast