Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Argona 3D Project

Thanks Farland!

I'm working again on this. I've done nothing good with my tests to do some drawing based on the sk plans... So, I'm just using the sk results for now, with a top-down view.
    Are the textures too much? I'm not sure it really helps or improve the simple plans...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Landings Tavern.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	88666

The shadows are a nice add-on but their orientation is weird. Maybe use your windows to orient them ?

I don't mind the textures, but the stone work doesn't seem right when the pattern on the wall continues to the inside wall, see attachment to show what I mean (red box). The top wall look fine (green box)

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	41 
Size:	191.9 KB 
ID:	88723

I'm going to do a sketch up town at some point, so it's been good to see your issues and comments here so I don't have to make the same mistakes? , I'll get to make other ones though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	18 
Size:	190.9 KB 
ID:	88722  

Thanks for the comments guys.

By Thomrey
    The shadows are a nice add-on but their orientation is weird. Maybe use your windows to orient them ?
    Huh? Not sure to understand... I'm applying the same shadows everywhere but of course the cut-off views are changing things (or I won't have shadows inside, for the most part).

By Snodsy
    I don't mind the textures, but the stone work doesn't seem right when the pattern on the wall continues to the inside wall, see attachment to show what I mean (red box). The top wall look fine (green box)
    You're absolutely right. I would have to rotate the texture to make it fit the different walls. I'm really not sure to use those anyway...
    And I'm kinda impatient to see you work a SK town!

Je me montrais tatillon (eagle-eye ). Tes ombres sont projetées vers les fenêtres. Ce n'est pas un problème en soi, le boulot est vraiment nickel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234