Thread: Cave - Wolf Den

Wip Cave - Wolf Den

Very excited to share this - would really love to hear if anyone has any suggestions/comments!

I came up with my little mapmaker's logo and I had a lot of fun with the edges. It's a super simple map but I'm hoping it does the trick

Let me know what you guys think! I can't believe how addicted I am to map making...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wolf Den - with edges.png 
Views:	461 
Size:	2.91 MB 
ID:	78992

Welcome to the addiction saria . Simple but effective. It's very clear, and I like the subtle patterns of light along the cave floor. The skeletons look nice, but I think they would look even better if you added a bit more light and shadow to them. As to the logo, neat design. However personally I'm not a fan of the bevel and emboss style currently decorating it (though other people's mileage may vary). My own preference would be for a solid color, such as black, perhaps with a lowered opacity (say 50%) so as to blend in better. But overall a nice job. This is a very serviceable map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Arsheeh, thanks as always for the great piece of advice! Let me play with the mark and I'll see what I come up with. I was originally trying to come up with a stamp, into the paper, so not so much as the bevel/emboss, but the opposite which I thought would be subtler. I'll try the opacity and see if that looks better at all.

Good point on the skeletons as well. I almost wish there was more to add to the map but there really isn't, so that's why I went a bit more detailed on the light layers and added the leaves to break up the cave itself. Let me play with it and will post a new one later

Nice work Saria! You could add more debris on the floor of the cave, loose rocks, branches, dried leaves, some type of a nest if it is an animal's lair, some bedding and a campfire if it is a humanoid's home.