Thread: Inquisitorial Torture Chamber of Prezywa

Default Inquisitorial Torture Chamber of Prezywa

Hey

Since saria inspired me to try my own luck with a battlemap (smaller scale and less talent tho ), you can see the first result here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pryzwa.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	3.40 MB 
ID:	79007

Shyver - what a nice call out So glad I was a small source of inspiration!

Looks really good so far - You might want to try your hand at what I have been trying to do. Create a layer above the assets, with a mask for the walls, and try to add some shadows - you can do that with either lower opacity on both the layer and the black, or you could change it to "soft light" as the layer mode. Pick a brush that's not quite round and has a grungey look to it (some free for commercial/personal use brushes on deviantart - i went a little nuts and got a ton of them and made some of my own), and then use that brush in big to apply some shadows. When you feel satisfied with the shadows, then click Filters - Gaussian Blur at around 10-20points depending (play with it and undo if need be)! See if that works to make the piece pop a bit with some shadowing I tend to like to use it around the assets themselves here and there.

Overall, really great job. I love the blood effects!!

Nice work Shyvver, good layout.

Minor bit of advice. have a careful eye for the relative size of the imported elements, they are not always made at the same scale. Relative to the 2 prisoners, I would say the rack is a little to small, and the table with the torture implements is a little to big. Otherwise it is well done.