Thread: Antique Map of Cornwall (WIP)

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Wip Antique Map of Cornwall (WIP)

The third and final of my frenzy of map drawing. Apologies for the bombardment of things, but I got carried away over the last few days!

This one tested my amateurish drawing abilities a bit more than the other two maps. Again, it is a different style and also needs to be inked.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Upload Cornwall 1.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	2.17 MB 
ID:	79494

It's done in an antique, sailing style (or at least attempting to be) so there are sea monsters and what not. Also, Cornwall as featured in this map is based off maps from the time, rather than as we know Cornwall to be now.

I hope you like it and appreciate any feedback you have!

Nice series of maps, seems you have a pretty good idea of map making, your perspective map's perspective is really good, and the rhumb lines here are good, probably Ike the elements in the water here, nice start, and there are plenty of people here that get carried away making maps, so no need to apologize, get at it😀

Sorry, snodsy, I thought I had replied to your post, but obviously it it didn't post.

Anyway, I've inked most of it now. There are a couple of places where the ink ran a little, but they are mostly on the borders and I learnt what caused it. It shouldn't be too much of a problem and I may touch them up on photoshop before calling it finished anyway.

Here it is:

Name:	Upload Cornwall 2.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	4.08 MB 
ID:	79577

I still need to rub out the remaining sketch lines and as I said possibly touch it up a little, but otherwise it's nearly done. Again, any feedback before I finish it would be great!

So after a long time, I decided to have a go at colouring in this one. So using my basic photoshop skills (which have vastly imporved during this process, but still very much basic) I added a border and coloured in everything. I'm pretty pleased with some aspects, whilst others I'm a bit iffy about. Though having said that, most of what I'm unhappy with stem from the original map and not the colouring, and it feels nice to know I can look back at this map and think how much I've learnt in the past month and a bit about mapping.

Anywho, end of my pondering. Here's the coloured version:

Name:	Colourful Cornwall.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	3.82 MB 
ID:	81007