Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Underdark (Huge)

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected NathanC's Avatar

Wip The Underdark (Huge)

So a while back I found madcowchief's tilesets. I loved the whole concept of all of them fitting together, and it had always been an idea of mine to put them together into one massive map.

Well, that's what I started to do. I'm going to try (try being the optimal word here) to use the finished map for my whole Underdark for my players over a VTT.

The image unfinished is 2.8gb right now so I can only post a screen capture at really crappy quality.

There are will be three dwarven cities on here when i'm done plus a Drow encampment in some ruins of a dwarven city towards the center of the map.

This is a massive undertaking as not only am I working with a huge files, but I am editing the existing tiles with screens to create different areas.

i want to thank madcowcheif for these and hopefully i'mm be able to have something more to show by next month.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	723 
Size:	201.9 KB 
ID:	79800

I love this idea! I can't wait to see the progress. Also what an undertaking - huge files for sure. Good luck

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Yes, good luck Nathan! You've definitely made a good start and I'm sure the finished piece will be something to be proud of!

If you are working in Photoshop you could consider working with a grid - if you not already are.

Thanks guys.

Carnifex, I have been using one (of likely go crazy if I wasn't lol) just took it off for the shot so you guys could see the progress without crazy red lines alover the place.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanC View Post
    Thanks guys.

Carnifex, I have been using one (of likely go crazy if I wasn't lol) just took it off for the shot so you guys could see the progress without crazy red lines alover the place.
    And you use snap to grid? Just checking

Because my computer doesn't like this at all and CS3 is a hunk of junk. I scrapped the original idea and instead started to do my own.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stone roads pt1 copy.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	7.45 MB 
ID:	93364

I'm just at the beginning stages, and this in only 1 of the maps. There's nothing pushing me to do them so i'm just working on it in my spare time.

Thoughts, I know it needs a lot of work.

Hi Mate, Great job so far, good luck. Is it possible for you to put the grid between the wall and floor layers? I just find it a bit odd when grids are on solid walls, in my opinion they should only show on the playable area - but I don't use VTT so I'm not sure if this is possible or not.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Now live on Flinders Island in the Bass Strait between mainland Australia and Tasmania (40deg lat)
    Blog Entries

What is CS3?
    "To imagine is to be human; to be human is to imagine. We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams."

Its an edition of Photoshop, Quenten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast