Thread: Theater / Dungeon Map

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected sword peddler's Avatar

Map Theater / Dungeon Map

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GORGONWM.png 
Views:	385 
Size:	5.08 MB 
ID:	80008

This is a map I did recently that was commissioned for an adventure written by Cam Banks. It includes a theater in the round, and two dungeon layers. I do all my maps by hand, with a smidgen of touchup in GIMP. This one I did in layers on various sheets of paper. The three room maps were done on regular graph paper (8 squares per inch is the best!) with micron pens and gel pens, and the curtains were done on mixed media paper with water color paints, prisma color markers, and colored pencils. The parchmentesque background was on parchment paper but I roughed it up some some markers that are generally the same shade of color as the paper.

When I loaded it into GIMP I duplicated the parchment layer and set the duplicate layer above the rooms and screwed with the opacity. It gives some small hint of texture to the rooms (at least I like to think it does). The attached version is in 300 dpi rather than the 600 dpi I normally turn the maps in with, so the quality is probably a bit off.

This is another nice one SP. A lot of nice details in there.