Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gardenoor (WIP)

Thanks everyone, I'll try and revise the shading on the forest to see if I can get a bit of a better look with it. I don't mind it myself, but I'll see if I can get something I like more. On the next map I make I want to make giant mountains
    I've also redone the rivers and lakes, to get more of a angled perspective.

Josiah,

I'm enjoying watching your progress on this map. It's shaping up very nicely. I'm with the 'mountains need to be bigger' crowd as they do seem a little out of perspective vis a vis the forests.

One thing that I didn't see mentioned, and this might just be me so ignore if you'd like, is the desert. There's something a little off about it. I don't know if it's the eastern-only shading with no lines on the western slopes, or if it's the shape of the dunes themselves. Obviously if you're happy with them then just carry on. But I thought I should mention it since you were looking for feedback.

In any case, nice map. Look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Regards,
    Scott

RPG Podcasts Done Right www.kotnpodcast.com

5-Star Rating with over 100 iTunes Reviews

Fantasy, Modern, and Steampunk adventures told by a group of old friends with extensive editing and ambient soundtrack

Thanks! I'm also in the mountains need to be bigger crowd. I may still try something with the shading on the trees, but I don't think there is much I can do but remember it for the next map.

The dunes were under construction, I've added some highlights now. What do you think of them? I've also done a whole bunch of other stuff since the last one. The grasslands were tough to get, but once I figured out a good way to do them it was fine. What do you think of it?
    Also I added the tundra in the north, I've never done snowy terrain before so I did a technique similar to the grasslands. How does it look?
    Redid the rivers and lakes for more of a angled perspective...
    Still have a list of notes of what still needs to get done, or changed. Thanks everyone for the comments, and here is the latest version.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map Version 2.0.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	945.9 KB 
ID:	80669

I am planning to tone down the saturation of everything a bit in the end and possibly give it more of a parchment look, or with a border. I'll figure that out later.

Your map is looking great Josiah ! Wish i could do something who look like this one day...

Thanks Apeiron! Well, I haven't actually been doing it for too long, and that map you're doing is looking good so far.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

I may put a bit more transition of colors from the mountains to teh grassland.

Wip

I've gotten lots of progress since last time, mostly just small things, pushing it towards the final product. All the small details really make a big difference on it though.

I've redone the mountain colour a bit, now it's a bit more of a brown tone, not as much grey. Redid the cliffs (they didn't really look like cliffs before), redid the roads, added a small missing forest, redid the farmland to try and give more of an angled view (though I'm not satisfied with it, I think it might be the colour), plus a bunch of other things. I added a grungy edge around it, plus toned down the saturation a tad...

I'm wondering how to get a good wrinkly paper/parchment look, I'm not sure if I'll have it, but just wondering in case I do.

Any suggestions or critiques? Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map Parchment.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	80715

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12