Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
Looking really good. Yeah, I think with the paper texture in there, the seas look great.
Thanks! Glad to hear that!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
Wow, that's excellent Lingon. Lovely paper style. How did you do those excellent height shadowing?
Cheers Ilanthar! The shading is painted in PS with big soft brushes, white for the highlights and a dark khaki for shadows, that I darkened further at the steepest sides with the burn tool. Set to low opacity, et voila Glad you like them!

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
This map looks great, Lingon! The contours are insane but turned out really good! Can't wait to see the final map (:

-Dan
Thanks Dan! That's nice to hear

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
I do realy dislike how the whiteshading is "on top" of teh red lines and distressing them. Also I do think the font size is way to big for this map, which suggest a larger area. I would reduce it at least by half size.
Thanks, good points! I actually put the white below the contours at first, then moved them on top because I felt it made the mountains too dark. I've moved it back to below the lines now though, what do you think about this version? I think this one is better when viewed full size, the other (distressed, as you described it) wins when zoomed out to look at the map in its entirety... Regarding the fonts, that may be because I just had put in the biggest ones then. Now there are more small labels too. I like when there's a big size difference in the labels, but do you still think they are too big?
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ingen6.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	80697