Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Continent of Cresitia

Default Continent of Cresitia

Hello everyone,

I'm writing/illustrating a fantasy comic book series, and I decided to do an update of my story world. Cresitia is a continent located in the northern hemisphere of a world that is slightly smaller than earth. The continent is the smallest of the five continents of the world. It has a land area of about 1,000,000 sq. mi. Its width across the middle is about 800 miles and its length from north to south is about 2000. It is divided into seven countries. The story takes place in Dralumaria, the kingdom of dragons, and Grimmestel, the dark kingdom in the shrouded lands. Grimmestel was once an empire controlling most of the continent until it fell during a war with Dralumaria about a hundred years prior to the story's beginning. The story's villain is the Grimmestel king who wants to reestablish the Great Grimmestelian Empire and wipe out the Dralumarians.

So, here's my progress on the map so far:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Continent_Map_01.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	206.2 KB 
ID:	80439

It's just the basic idea of what features go where. I'll give it some nice style later. I wanted Dralumaria to be a coastal kingdom that borders two seas and Grimmestel to be a landlocked kingdom in the center of the continent.

Please let me know what you think of the layout of the landforms, mountains, rivers, and climate zones. I appreciate all feedback. Thanks for looking!

Banned User

Nice start! It definitely has the look of colorful fantasy comics! Good layout and colors

Everything looks great to me. I don't see any problems to speak of. Nice work so far.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks Chick and arsheesh.

Here's an update on the continent map. I gave it an antique style and added city names.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Continent_Map_02.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	619.1 KB 
ID:	80541

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

This map hase undergone quite a change, and one for the better too! Looking great, SL!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Really love this. It has a very own flavor (in a good way ). Tell us more about the world!
    Is there a place online where you show some part of your comic? I'd be interested to take a look.

If i had any comment on the shapes, rivers or other stuff at all, it'd be about the shape of the northern land-part we see...the coastline is not that convincing to my eyes (a bit too "swinging around", if you want...the other landshapes are much better, more realistic).

Have some Rep.!

Edit: Oh and i hope you'll do a worldmap so that we can see the rest of your continents.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Simple, nice and very intelligible - good job.

Looking really nice!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Good map and very nice colors!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Indeed nice colors. I like the design but think the fontcolor may be a bit too heavy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast