Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Silk Road Board Game

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's a great point Abu...And with that I may make a keypress or button to show all commodity slots...Smart!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    That's a great point Abu...And with that I may make a keypress or button to show all commodity slots...Smart!
    Oh yeah, that'd come in handy indeed!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Good point on the memory dimension - there is a legend at the bottom already, with the commodities and their value, but could include the cities the commodity could be found in --- either listed or again as a popup for each commodity or as Robbie mentioned a keypress. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Good point on the memory dimension - there is a legend at the bottom already, with the commodities and their value, but could include the cities the commodity could be found in --- either listed or again as a popup for each commodity or as Robbie mentioned a keypress. Thanks!
    Yes, i've seen the commodity legend on the board. It's very good to have indeed! I was a bit confused at first, because i wasn't sure whether the prices are the same everywhere. By chance i saw the row of three orange commodities in Alexandria first and couldn't find an orange coded good with the value 25$... i guess it was just an unintended color swap and should be (blue) spice in fact?

PS: replied to your PM too
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Yes, i've seen the commodity legend on the board. It's very good to have indeed! I was a bit confused at first, because i wasn't sure whether the prices are the same everywhere. By chance i saw the row of three orange commodities in Alexandria first and couldn't find an orange coded good with the value 25$... i guess it was just an unintended color swap and should be (blue) spice in fact?

PS: replied to your PM too
    When I went to code the commodity slots based on region color and availability I found a few mismatched and figured out the intent. I still owe snodsy my spreadsheet that shows commodity spread.

Sent from my m8wl using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Btw, my next update will feature a combination between path finding for guidance and step by step movement for player tokens. I'm pretty excited about it because it means I'm starting to move towards game logic rather than just basic game board dynamics.

Sent from my m8wl using Tapatalk

Here's an update on the map line work. Not sure if it's going to work with the HEAVY graphic elements (Hexes/symbols). But enjoying working on drawing mountains anyhow.

Thanks Abu Lafia for your comments and critiques. Currently a player's sequence is to roll and see what happens based on "spaces", or getting to a destination to buy or sell, or running into somebody to trade with. Haven't thought about it, although I do know what you mean, maybe in testing in comes up - I'll definitely keep it in mind, thanks.

Here's one with just the line work/parchament background and one with an overlay of the game board hexes (greyscale/multiple layer). Comments welcome on drawing or game play. Robbie looking forward to seeing your "logic" .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GameMap2Parch.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	95170Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GameMap2spacesParch.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	95171

Wip

Labels_Gameboard Overlay and rough area color only - no shadows/highlights yet. Comments welcome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GameMap3-GameBoard.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	95244

Update on map, shadows and some highlights starting in southeast cornerClick image for larger version. 

Name:	GameMap3.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	95534

Hey Snodsy

That's looking really beautiful.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast