Thread: Request for 2 maps for fantasy book

Default Request for 2 maps for fantasy book

Taken
    The request has been taken. Thank you very much for all the interest there has been - you have all been very helpful and for that I am grateful.

Commission
    Paid: Price is negotiable.

Subject
    I am in need of 2 maps at the moment for my first book in a trilogy (I will be needing other maps for the other two books in the future and would very much like to have the same cartographer make those future maps as well if everything goes well).

The first is a world map (please see attached sketch of the world).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cat_Kort1_small.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	918.9 KB 
ID:	80579

The second is a close-up map of one of the countries (Trifolium) and a bit of the borders to its neighbors.

Style
    I am looking for a map style like this: http://trivas.deviantart.com/art/Old...-v-2-244498621 and/or this http://myfantasticworld.deviantart.c.../Map-206864152
    The maps should be in black/white (grey scale) – the maps will be used in both e-book format and printing format.

Quality & Size
    I am looking for a professional/semi-professional quality since it's for a book. The maps will be used in both e-book and printing format and the size for each map is A5-page (148 x 210 mm or 5.8 x 8.3 in). Please remember to put in a little margin, so the map won't be ruined because of the binding etc.

Time Constraints
    The maps are the final touch for the book, so I would really like it done soon – but quality comes first and since I am not a cartographer, I have no idea how long such a project as my request will take to make it fantastic.

Copyright
    I will keep the copyright of the maps.
    The cartographer will have the artistic copyrights, and hence have the right to exhibit the image and sell it as is – as long as it is not in violation with my copyright. For instance the cartographer can sell the map as a poster.
    The cartographer will also be credited in the book for the maps.

Contact Details
    catharina.vedelsmith--at--gmail.com
    Last edited by Ainua21; 02-26-2016 at 02:54 PM.

Sent you an email!