Thread: New to mapping. First map attempt for D&D campaign I'm DMing

Default New to mapping. First map attempt for D&D campaign I'm DMing

I recently started playing dungeons and dragons 5th edition as DM with a few friends and I thought it would be cool to have a paper map of the region for my players to see. I've been getting in to arts and crafts over the past couple of years and I got myself some watercolour paints to have a play with so I thought I'd have a bash with those and see how it turns out. I'm very much a beginner but as I improve I'd like to paint various maps, locations, items and creature the players encounter on their travels.

The image quality isn't great on my tablet unfortunately but you should be able to make it out.

Having read the tutorial articles I can see a lot of things that could be improved like the rivers, mountains and coastline. I think I need to include some sort of scale most of all though. At the minute there's no indication of how long it would take to walk from Silverholme to Fallcrest or how long the Barreclaw isles are for example.

Any feedback from you guys would be great.
    Thanks for reading,
    Jim.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

I only started learning myself the other day Just messing about with stuff and trying to see how it goes.

Did this for you, if it is any use. Hope you don't mind

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	y7XdzVY.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	937.1 KB 
ID:	80645