Thread: Underground Caverns

Map Underground Caverns

Updated: PLEASE DO NOT REPOST MY MAPS IN ANY FORUMS WITHOUT ASKING MY PERMISSION FIRST.

Another campaign map. The dungeon is expected to be entered from the upper right and departed (to some horrible evil boss fight, no doubt) on the lower left after circumnavigating the pit of bubbling molten hot magma. The caves are also home to a natural mineral-rich hotspring that is probably fed by the heat of the “magma” and then flows to the lower right. We can also assume that there are vents in the ceiling of the magma chamber that allow the hot sulfurous gasses to escape the chamber without suffocating everyone who wanders through – this in turn produces a chimney like effect, drawing air rapidly down both entrance / exit passages from the map.
    Attachment 81518
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Christina's Caves Map small.png 
Views:	208 
Size:	4.47 MB 
ID:	85527  
    Last edited by lorelei; 07-20-2016 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
    Another campaign map. The dungeon is expected to be entered from the upper right and departed (to some horrible evil boss fight, no doubt) on the lower left after circumnavigating the pit of bubbling molten hot magma. The caves are also home to a natural mineral-rich hotspring that is probably fed by the heat of the “magma” and then flows to the lower right. We can also assume that there are vents in the ceiling of the magma chamber that allow the hot sulfurous gasses to escape the chamber without suffocating everyone who wanders through – this in turn produces a chimney like effect, drawing air rapidly down both entrance / exit passages from the map.
    Attachment 81263
    Had to do it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UNJU-5vCrJc

Anyway, I've never tried an underground map before but I think yours looks good. Nice job.

Is the smoke area steam from river/magma or a trap or something? Looks nice, just curious what it is.
    Last edited by Savage Orc; 03-20-2016 at 10:30 AM.

hahaha! I plan on using Magmin as minions in that area. Now i'll be saying "Magmin" all night in dr. evil voice!! And yes, the steam is due to the heat from the "magma" and the hot springs giving a nice place for some mushrooms to grow.