Quote Originally Posted by Hervis View Post
Let me see if I can explain.

If you look at the position of the large staircase that goes all the way from the crypt to the top of the tower (K18 in the original module) as compared to the nearby one that goes from the dungeon upward (K21 in the original), you will notice that on the Larders of Ill Omen (and above) that the smaller staircase's center is in a different relative location to the large one. On the bottom level it is 10' west and 40' south of the larger staircase. On all of the other levels it is 30' west and 10' south.

The long hallway that leads from the brazier room doesn't also line up with the crypt that it comes up to. Here is an image that I hope helps explain it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StairOffset.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	81404
If you draw the western portion of Map 12 like this then stairwells K21 and K18 are in the right positions all the way up...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	50 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	87899

The problem in the original isometric maps is that the foot of stair K21 is 40' lower than the foot of stair K18. Because the first flight of stair K21 is only drawn 10' high, it appears to be in the wrong position in the map - but if you were to extend it another 30' up then it would actually appear in its correct location behind area 24.

I hope this helps.