Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 600 ton Heavy Corsair deck plan for Space Pirates

Thanks, Falconius, and you're right, as is, the deck plans posted are completely usable.

I opted to create a different deck plan. This one is approximately the same tonnage displacement. So I'm calling this the Thunderbird class 600 ton Heavy Corsair, and keeping the stats as before, just a slightly different layout - more crew area, but instead of single berth with latrine, I'm putting 2 bunk beds for 4 crewman in two berths, and an officer berth for 2 and latrine for a total crew of 10 (Traveller RPG rules of one crewman with latrine per berth, just doesn't make sense to me). Crew share a common latrine. This deck is entirely done, grid and all. I will work on the lower deck and cutter tomorrow, then create 4 versions. I'm getting this done quick.

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thunderbird-class-600-ton-heavy corsair.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	961.4 KB 
ID:	81524
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

A little higher res to show details better, but these are the escape pods, both exterior and interior cut-away view. Enjoy!

GP

Name:	escape-pods.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	81526
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Thunderbird class 600 ton Heavy Corsair star ship - lower deck, complete. What I didn't like about the previous lower deck I did, the cutter bay was in the same air-locked area as the cargo. This one the cutter bay is separate from the cargo areas by large airlock doors, and each cargo area is connected smaller airlocks, see decompression can be kept compartmentalized from the rest of the deck. Also I placed two missile mini-bays (I consider it the same as a missile turret, though not in an actual turret). As guided missiles, they don't need to be in a turret.

I thought I did a nice job on the cutter - more interesting than the typical Traveller cutter. The transparent windows showing the interiors came out nice, I think. The cutter design is done, but I still have to place the grid - later on this evening.

GP

Name:	thunderbird-lower-deck.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	552.4 KB 
ID:	81538
    DrivethruRPG store

Coyote class 50 ton Boarding Cutter deck plan, complete. Next topside hull exterior and clam shell bay doors open lower deck of the Thunderbird Heavy Corsair - later this evening. As well as the 3 other versions of the Thunderbird - Blue Max (just color, not specifically German), rust bucket version, and battle damaged.

GP

Name:	coyote-class-50-ton-boarding-cutter.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	578.8 KB 
ID:	81543
    DrivethruRPG store

Topside exterior hull of the Thunderbird class 700 ton Heavy Corsair star ship. I think the hexagonal windows are pretty cool, and the triple turrets with short/medium/long range cannons on each turret look good as well. Also included the fairing and blow out panels for the escape pods. (Note I said 700 ton, I am upping the tonnage displacement by 100 tons).

GP

Name:	thunderbird-topside.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	536.3 KB 
ID:	81565
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 03-24-2016 at 08:50 PM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Working on the last version (of four versions), just to show you what I'm doing. This is the battle damaged upper deck. Need to do the lower deck and cutter. Then I will be done creating, and on to exports to layered PDF, layered PSD, image slicing, product cover design, gazetteer creation and page layout - almost done!

GP

Name:	thunderbird-battle-damaged.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	866.9 KB 
ID:	81586
    DrivethruRPG store

Guild Apprentice

These are very nice!

How about airlocks? I don't see any people sized. Seems like a bother to depressurize the cutter bay every time you need to fix a broken antenna.

Very beautiful spaceships.
    Bravo !

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonson View Post
    These are very nice!

How about airlocks? I don't see any people sized. Seems like a bother to depressurize the cutter bay every time you need to fix a broken antenna.
    Those are airlocks between each section in the cutter bay. The bay itself is one pressurized area to hold the entire cutter, but those side chambers and the large chamber aft are all airlocked apart from the other.
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12