Thread: March 2016 Map Challenge: The Deepening Mill

Default March 2016 Map Challenge: The Deepening Mill

Decided to put together a quick thing, hopefully I can get it coloured and labeled before the contest closes. My goals here were to ignore myself and all the mistakes and unrealities and just have fun so that is what I attempted, which results in such things as failure to maintain consistent perspective etc. I also wanted to try and see how it would work just going off of pencil without inking it.

To the idea behind it: The deepening mill lies in an abandoned wasteland let go to swamp, it was built for undiscovered purposes, many years previous to the abandonment by a suspiciously shifty literary man wearing dark robes and a peaked cap. Not too long after his taking up residence things started going awry, and the the townsfolk formed an angry mob who broke down his door in an attempt to murder him. Far too late. It didn't work out for the mob or the town. The literary man has not been seen since nor the mob, and the region has turned ever worse.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DeepeningMill.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	901.2 KB 
ID:	81628

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Looks awesome! The perspective is a little skewed yes, but I think it can also be viewed as a skewed construction, some non-right angles in the build, it works. Great design!

Maybe because I'm a bit skewed, but the perspective looks OK from here.

Got some initial colour in, and I realised that the legend I intend to do (inspired by Stibourne's Hollow) requires it to be fully coloured and finished before that can commence, so I decided to put a quick labelling scheme up so there was at least something before the end of the contest.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DeepeningMill.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	3.70 MB 
ID:	81770

Obviously I owe the name "Calamitous Intent" as well as "Sineater" to the Venture Bros. who I've been binge watching.

Nice! I'm definitely looking forward to see the final result.