Thread: Andara Castle Ruins Dungeon: Ancient Headquarters for the Order of Wand and Scroll

Wip Andara Castle Ruins Dungeon: Ancient Headquarters for the Order of Wand and Scrol WIl

Andara Castle was the crown jewel of Ancient Andelar. Commissioned by Emporer Anternov as a fortress to protect his family and his people, it stands in the center of Andelar, and was a testiment to both the might and the compassion of Andelar's First Emporer.

Anternov's grandson, the last Emporer of Andelar, was a kind and just ruler, who did not believe in the torturing of enemies, and the palace prison and dungeon was recommissioned for another purpose. It became the headquarters for an organization known only to Emperor Nicholai, the Order of Wand and Scroll. This Order was comprised of wizards, sages, scholars, priests, clerics and druids who kept the repository of Andelar's knowledge, especially in the arcane, and the magical protection of Andelar and its people.

To this day the Order of Wand and Scroll is the stuff of myth and legend. Word of the Order creeps up from time to time, but few believe the order actually existed, and those few who do, are certain that the order died out centuries before.

Andara Castle now lies in ruins, a broken relic of a forgotten era. Somehow the dungeon that contained the Headquarters of the secret Order has remained untouched by the hands of man and time...

This dungeon is a work in progress. I am no where near finished with it, although the dungeon proper is about 75% complete. I'm using cc3+ to construct this dungeon. I haven't activated the sheets and effects yet, I'm waiting until I have the dungeon itself is complete before I start with those. Comments, thoughts advice and suggestions are most welcome!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Andara Castle Dungeonlrg.PNG 
Views:	320 
Size:	4.09 MB 
ID:	81657
    Last edited by ladiestorm; 03-28-2016 at 03:02 PM. Reason: forgot the tag

Nice, I love the detail and the coloring of this map as well as the backstory to the map, I'll be watching this with a great deal of interest.
    Last edited by Kargan3033; 04-03-2016 at 11:44 AM.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Ladiestorm, what scale is this set to?

Thank you Kargan! I'm still working on this one... I've hit a few snags I have to work out, but I hope to post more of it soon
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Hey Tonnichiwa I had to scale this one back to about 1850... the site kept telling me it was too big. It probably doesn't zoom in well, does it?
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

Ladiestorm, export your image as a .JPG rather than an .PNG for the purposes of posting onto Cartographer's Guild, and you will find that the file size is hugely lower without visibly affecting quality.

thanks for the tip! I may have to do that
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks like a great start.. one thing I wondered about - the first room you enter seems to contain a good bit of stuff - usually you have to travel a couple of rooms to get your hands on something.. of course.. since its obviously a lower level I have no idea if the players have fought a god to get this far
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise