Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild World Map - Community Challenge

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    You could do it as a fully finished map and just have a mask or selection to pull out the country - that would work great for the purpose of the BIG map. That's what I was going to do.
    Yea, that's the plan. What I was talking about is if I want to frame it as a finished map, there's a lot of space filled by neighbors countries that I'd have to fill in.

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Yea, that's the plan. What I was talking about is if I want to frame it as a finished map, there's a lot of space filled by neighbors countries that I'd have to fill in.
    Oh, I see. Yeah sure. You can do that.
    However people want to do their own map is fine, so long as in the end, they can provide me with a version with just their country so we can compile the big map.
    I actually encourage people to do that. It will add a lot to these maps.

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    ... However people want to do their own map is fine, so long as in the end, they can provide me with a version with just their country so we can compile the big map. ...
    I'm filling all that extra space of neighboring countries in my map with illustrations of fey things. But I'll make sure it will still mask off clean for the big map.
    Do you want a transparent PNG for that, John, or are you doing all of the cutting yourself to make sure it joins properly?
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    I'm filling all that extra space of neighboring countries in my map with illustrations of fey things. But I'll make sure it will still mask off clean for the big map.
    Do you want a transparent PNG for that, John, or are you doing all of the cutting yourself to make sure it joins properly?
    Hmm, I had originally figured I'd have to do the cutting but a transparent png would be a lot faster and less work.
    There will be little areas where things don't match up perfectly, which is to be expected.
    I'll just have to touch them up in PS at the end.
    We might have need of some cool creatures and sea monsters for the big map, if you're interested.
    I was going to draw a few and ask others later if they wanted to add some.

I don't expect all of the art to line up, but it would be nice if the country shapes fit together. If you post up a version of the big map with just the borders showing (maybe thinned to 1 or 2 pixels) it would be easier to make selections from.
    If I have time to do extra creatures and monsters for the big map, I would love to!
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    I don't expect all of the art to line up, but it would be nice if the country shapes fit together. If you post up a version of the big map with just the borders showing (maybe thinned to 1 or 2 pixels) it would be easier to make selections from.
    If I have time to do extra creatures and monsters for the big map, I would love to!
    I'll try to get a version of the map done like that.
    Right now, all of the borders were just quickly drawn freehand in PS, so the borders are a bit variable.
    I can refine that with the pen tool and make a nice clean version, when time permits of course.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Let's keep using the attachment system for wips and such. But I might set up a temporary ftp server for uploading larger file sizes. That way we can get larger files to J for his job to be easier. Thoughts?

Sent from my m8wl using Tapatalk
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

That works for me. I will only need those files toward the later stage when people are done with their maps.
    I think Max was just emailing something to assist someone with their map - trying to keep rivers or something matching, if that's what you were referring to.

I had another thought - with Larb and some others in mind, people could map cities within a country, if they don't want to map a country...
    I'd welcome Larb to map one of my cities. Yes, yes I would. Just a suggestion, to include more people in this thing.

Ooooooh, I'll join. What's next up J.Edward, 42?

Quote Originally Posted by jbgibson View Post
    Ooooooh, I'll join. What's next up J.Edward, 42?
    I think we're on #40 atm. I think Will Phillips was #39.
    So your country will be #40, which I'll post up in just a moment on page 1 of this thread
    Glad to have you in this thing JB

Edit - just posted it.

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast